A healthy community in which every individual and group has the capacity to achieve their
To support and foster the well being of individuals, families, and community groups by
providing and encouraging both local and international opportunities for recreation,
education, athletics, community participation and inclusive social interaction.
SCCC CORE VALUES
As we work toward our vision, Scadding Court Community Centre shall strive to:
1. Work in partnership and collaboration.
2. Use research and evaluation to identify and respond to community needs.
3. Strive to provide all community members with full access to our programs and services.
4. Promote access to technology for all community members.
5. Be open to new opportunities as they arise.
6. Consider SCCC in the context of being a member of the local, provincial, national and
7. Develop and deliver programs, services and an environment that builds capacity in
both individuals and groups, thereby supporting them in achieving their potential for
personal and social health.
8. Foster an environment of diversity and inclusion.
9. Be an organization that is:
- Environmentally responsible
10. Be an organization that emphasizes:
- An atmosphere of caring, sensitivity, fairness and imagination
Direction #1 : Continue and enhance an organizational culture of innovation and action
that extends across all levels of the organization.
Direction #2 : Contribute to an inclusive and revitalized community through public space
animation, local economic development, and agency redevelopment to meet community
Direction #3 : Foster a culture of collaboration through innovative and non-traditional
partnerships, incubation of emerging organizations and development of new service
Direction #4 : Catalyse and facilitate programs and social change-focused activity in
response to community needs: issue identification, research, capacity-building, policy
development, communications and mobilization.
Direction #5 : Expand the engagement of, partnership with, and service delivery for
people with disabilities.